Ying Hu（胡瑛）(Ph.D. Student, 2016)
- Name: Ying Hu (PhD student, 2016.9 – )
- Date of Birth: July 14th, 1990
- Research Interests: Total synthesis of bioactive natural products and development of practical methodologies.
- Other Interests: Skating, Jogging, Basketball, Listening music.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 027-68755487
- Address: Chemistry Building North, Room 110, College of Chemistry and Molecular Sciences
Wuhan University, Luojiashan, Wuhan, China 430072.
Education and Awards
MSc of Organic Chemistry, Xiamen University, June 2015
Advisors: Prof. Dr. Eric Meggers & Prof. Dr. Lei Gong
Focus on expanding the basicity scale of chiral-at-metal Brønsted base catalysts, and their application to the asymmetric nitro-Mannich reaction.
Awards: Second-class scholarship, “Merit Student”.
Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Anhui University of Science & Technology, June 2012
Awards: Second-class scholarship, “Merit Student”, “Excellent Member of the Communist Youth League”.
- Hu, Y.; Zhou, Z.; Gong, L.*; Meggers, E.* Enantioselective Aza-Henry Reaction to Provide Oxindoles with Quaternary Carbon Stereocenters by a Metal-Templated Chiral Brønsted Base. Org. Chem. Front. 2015, 2, 918.
- Ma, J.; Ding, X., Hu, Y.; Huang, Y.; Gong, L.*; Meggers, E.* Metal-Templated Chiral Brønsted Base “Organocatalysis”. Nat. Commun. 2014, 5, 4531.
- Ding, X.; Tian C.; Hu, Y.; Gong, L.*; Meggers, E.* Tuning the Basicity of a Metal-Templated Brønsted Base to Facilitate the Enantioselective Sulfa-Michael Addition of Aliphatic Thiols to α,β-Unsaturated N-Acylpyrazoles. Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2016, 887.
Ying grew up in Anhui, China. He received his B.Sc. degree at Anhui University of Science & Technology in 2012 and then, earned his M.Sc. degree in organic chemistry at Xiamen University in 2015 under the guidance of Prof. Eric Meggers and Prof. Lei Gong, where his research work was mainly focused on development of octahedral chiral-at-metal iridium(III) complexes for asymmetric catalysis. In July of the same year, he joined Prof. Zhou research group as a research assistant at Wuhan University, and started doctoral studies in organic chemistry since September 2016. Now he is concentrating all energies on synthetic study of natural products.